There is so much more to summertime skincare than just wearing more SPF, or at least it should be. Yes the weather will be humid and hot, but you must protect your skin from congestion and increased sun exposure that can enhance hyperpigmentation ( melasma , PIH post inflammatory hyperpigmentation)
Here are a few tips to help you maintain healthy glowing skin during the summer months.
- Choose lighter textured skincare that will feel more comfortable on the skin.
- If you aren’t already using a vitamin C serum, start. Vitamin C is a great antioxidant so it helps protect the skin from free radical damage. It also enhances the function of your SPF. (extra protection)
- Use the double cleansing method to thoroughly cleans skin of sunscreen, sweat and city grime in the evening.
- Wear hats to protect your face and scalp from the sun.
- Stay hydrated. Your entire body needs all the hydration it can get. Snack on fruit and sip water to prevent dehydration.