One of my goals has been to live a healthier life style through diet and exercise.I didn’t want to wait until the new year to make those changes, so I started a 6 week fitness challenge with Anytime Fitness in November. In the middle of the Holiday season…What was I thinking?? While it was challenging, I stuck it out and did get some great results. The challenge consisted of the following:
- Taking 3 small group training classes 3 times a week
- Tracking 10,000 steps per day
- Following a provided meal plan
- Doing a weekly weigh in and body scan that provides results of your body’s progress. (skeletal muscle mass, body fat mass, body fat % etc)
- You are also required to post gym check ins on your social media platform
The goal of the challenge is to bet on yourself and lose 18 lbs by the end of week 6 if you succeed, you get a full refund of the price of the challenge. If you don’t meet the goal, you have the opportunity to join the gym with some discounted fees.
I didn’t loose 18 lbs, I lost 8.(because I indulging during the holiday) Its still a win for me! Let me tell you why:
- I got the chance to experience a new gym prior to joining.
- I learned the mistakes I’ve been making with maintaining a healthy diet.
- Weight training has made me so much stronger.
- I have increased energy.
- Im not out of breath when I go up stairs!
Im loving the person I am becoming and I am so proud of myself. I feel good. This was one of the best gifts I could have given myself and I’m motivated to continue getting even better.
What are some health/fitness goals you would like to achieve this year? Let me know in the comments.